A stock clerk was sent to clean up a storeroom in a Port of Spain
factory just recently.
When he got back, he was complaining that the storeroom was really
filthy and that he had noticed dried mouse or rat droppings in some
A couple of days later, he started to feel like he was coming down
with stomach flu, complained of sore joints and headaches, and began
He went to bed and never really got up again. Within two days he was
severely ill and weak. His blood sugar count was down to 66, and his
face and eyeballs were yellow. He was rushed to the emergency at Mount
Hope where he was diagnosed to be suffering from massive organ
failure. He died shortly before midnight.
No one would have made the connection between his job and his
death,had it not been for a doctor who specifically asked if he had
been in a warehouse or exposed to dried rat or mouse droppings at any
time. They said there is a virus (much like the Hanta virus) that
lives in dried rat and mouse droppings.
Once dried, these droppings are like dust and can easily be breathed
in or ingested if a person does not wear protective gear or fails to
wash face and hands thoroughly.
An autopsy was performed on the clerk to verify the doctor’s suspicions.
This is why it is extremely important to ALWAYS carefully rinse off
the tops of canned sodas or foods, and to wipe off pasta packaging,
cereal boxes, and so on.
Almost everything you buy in a supermarket was stored in a warehouse
at one time or another, and stores themselves often have rodents.
Most of us remember to wash vegetables and fruits but never think of
boxes and cans.
The ugly truth is, even the most modern, upper-class, super store has
rats and mice. And their warehouse most assuredly does!
Whenever you buy any canned soft drink, please make sure that you wash
the top with running water and soap or, if that is not available,
drink with a straw.
The investigation of soda cans by the Center for Disease Control in
Atlanta discovered that the tops of soda cans can be encrusted with
dried rat’s urine, which is so toxic it can be lethal. Canned drinks
and other foodstuffs are stored in warehouses and containers that are
usually infested with Rodents, and then they get transported to retail
outlets without being properly cleaned.
You are never sure where the items came from, under what conditions
they were stored, do the safe and sensible thing wash with a little
chlorine in the water, dry with paper towels.
Please forward this message to the people you care about.
(I JUST DID!)